First of all, let me just start off confessing that I am no beauty queen. I have always had weird skin, which resulted in trying several different products, including facial care and makeup. In this post, I will mention the products I have come to absolutely love and can’t seem to live without.
When it comes to makeup, I am a total rookie. I have never been amazing at makeup application and tend to use the most basic of products-powder, blush, highlighter mascara, eye shadow, occasionally eyeliner, and lipgloss. Below are a few must haves for me:
- Laura Mercier’s lightweight foundation powder is perfect for me skin. I brush a bit on my forehead, nose, and chin to reduce shine and redness. The smooth finish really gives you that natural, effortless look.
- NARS Orgasm Blush really is a must have. This blush has a pinkish, peach color with a bit of shimmer. It’s incredibly flattering and totally universal. Adds such a lovely glow!
- Out of any beauty products I currently or previously used, this is by far my favorite! YSL’s Touche Eclat is such a lifesaver! Let’s be honest, not many of us are getting that infamous 8 hours a night rest…this highlighter seriously convinces otherwise.
- Trish McEvoy’s Lash Curling Mascara in “jet black” is another favorite of mine. I have tried about a million different mascaras, and this is the only one that doesn’t clump or leave dried mascara to fall on my face throughout the day. It’s also super easy to remove at the end of the day. Oh! And it lasts FOREVER!
- For my lips, I never, ever, ever leave home without my Kiehl’s lip balm. This is such a great moisturizing gloss. It’s nice and light and adds a nice shine to my lips. They offer a few different flavors (cranberry is my fav). This does the job for those dry winters and hot summer days.
As far as my skin care routine, once again, I feel less is more. I use a cleanser, toner, serum, and moisturizer twice daily.
This cleanser has worked wonders for my skin. I got a sample of this ages ago and was hesitant to try it out as I loved my previous one. I am so glad I finally gave it a shot! This cleanser is very simple-no bells or whistles. It’s just a great face wash for my combination skin. It’s very gentle and doesn’t over dry. I love the way it foams and makes my skin feel so fresh and so clean clean!
- With my cleanser I use my beloved FOREO Luna mini. This electric cleansing brush is pure magic. It’s incredible exfoliating powers have really given my skin a glow I have never had before. Say goodbye to black heads and uneven skin with this bad boy. It’s not nearly as harsh as the Clarisonic, therefore can be used twice daily. It’s also made with silicone making it much more sanitary. You don’t have to worry about cleaning it or changing brushes constantly. Truly a must have!
- This is a really gentle astringent I use as a toner. It’s optimal for oily skin and removes all that extra residue from your face.
- This moisturizer has been a real game changer for me. I have always been pretty negligent when it comes to protecting my skin from the sun. Until about 5 years ago I never even thought to use moisturizer-especially one with SPF. Now that I am older and wiser (and terrified of wrinkles), I cannot stress enough the importance of a good moisturizer with sunscreen. Ladies and Gentlemen you MUST protect that beautiful skin! Because this does have SPF 30, it might feel a little heavy at first. It’s really not though. You get used to it very quick and it doesn’t cake on or make you break out. I remember an esthetician explaining to me that not wearing moisturizer actually makes your skin more oily and prone to breakouts. This is due to your skin being so dry and producing excess oil. Just a little tid bit for those worried that a moisturizer will make their skin oily.
- Ok, ok…so I promise I am not a Kiehl’s rep or anything, I just truly love their products. This next one has done wonders for my skin as well. I turned 30 this year so I’m stocking up on the wrinkle reducing products as a preventative thing. This serum does reduce fine lines, but what I really love is how radiant it makes my skin. It definitely evens out my skin tone and makes it look much healthier. That is something that looks good at any age!